Why I drink tea everyday!
So...I've had a cold for 2 weeks now. It's been a bit of a struggle because I absolutely hate down time and, of course, no one enjoys not feeling well. I've been diving into my Protein World tea stash hard and it made me want to share a bit about my tea obsession and why I love drinking tea over anything else. In case making you feel cozy AF wasn't reason enough!
I know everybody is all about the coffee, but, let's give tea a chance! I went through a coffee phase during the end of high school and early into college. It tastes great and I love the way it smells in the morning but...I am incredibly sensitive to caffeine and coffee basically turns me into a jittery anxious mess that doesn't sleep for days on end. Eventually, I recognized that my hands shouldn't be shaking so bad I couldn't type and coffee got the boot.
Now, even though I'm caffeine sensitive, I still like, and sometimes need, that little boost every now and then. Not being a soda drinker, I decided to go for tea. In the beginning it was simply because tea allowed me to better control my caffeine intake but over time...I fell in love with it. Here's why...
- Drinking something warm in the morning, or after a stretch or yoga sesh, just makes your soul feel good. Maybe I'm crazy, but I swear sitting down with my warm little mug helps to center me for the day.
- It's so much easier to make that coffee. My co-workers constantly complain about having to make coffee because people always leave the pot empty. I just go and fill up my mug with some hot water and I'm good to go!
- The benefits! Green tea gives you that little energy boost without making you jittery and its filled with anti-oxidants and nutrients that nourish your body. There are studies showing improved brain function, increased metabolism, lower risk of osteoporosis, and lower risk of cancer.
- There are so many kinds depending on what you need. Peppermint tea (like my Protein world blend) when I'm sick or run down. Chamomile tea when I need to relax. Raspberry tea when I want something fruity. Chai tea...well...all the time because, come on, it tastes like Christmas in a cup. You can make lattes, mix with honey, make it sweetened, unsweetened, mix it with lemonade, cold, and hot! I love having options!
- It makes staying hydrated a little easier. If you have a hard time drinking water throughout the day a few cups of tea might help you up your water intake. Sometimes that little bit of flavor is all you need.
So...I hope I've convinced you. Tea is not just lightly flavored water and is totally cooler than coffee and soda. Now, I'm going to go make a cup of tea, get cozy, and continue chasing out this cold!
Disclaimer: Sponsored by Protein world. Thoughts and opinions are my own.